Work IT Out
What is Work IT Out?
Work IT Out is an eight-day training course designed to equip people with improved IT skills to help them navigate Universal Credit and be better prepared to enter the world of work. The course is accredited at City & Guilds Entry Level 3 IT and NOCN Level 1 Employability.
Who can Work IT Out help?
Work IT Out is aimed at anyone aged 19 and over living in Stockton and Middlesbrough who would benefit from training to improve their IT skills to help them to navigate Universal Credit and to find employment.
What types of support are available through Work IT Out?
Over the course of the two weeks (four days Tues to Fri each week), Work IT Out covers the following elements:
- Navigate a computer
- Navigate Universal Credit
- Find and use software including how to set up an email account
- Computer and internet security
- Use the internet for job searching including using Find a Job
- How to apply for and how to use Universal Credit
- How to complete UC journal entries.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Help with preparing for basic interviews
- Create a CV and covering letter
- Responsible Work Ethics
- Problem solving
- Health and Safety awareness.
How do I get in touch with Work IT Out?
For more information about Work IT Out training course or to make a referral please contact 01642 255001 or email: reception.RC@actes.co.uk